It’s a township located in the Northwest corner of Essex County, New Jersey about 25 miles outside of New York City.
It’s a rather small town (literally the least populated town in the county) but we’ve had our fair share of big things happen around here.
1. For starters, the first Europeans to settle in Fairfield were the Dutch. They initially came to the area near the bottomlands of the Passaic River in 1669. They purchased it for goods equaling approximately $325 from the Lenape Native Americans, naming it Gansegat which is Dutch for “duck’s pond.”
2. Do you know those “As Seen on TV” products that are often advertised on various television commercials? The distributor of those items, Telebrands, has had its headquarters in Fairfield for decades.
3. The hit HBO TV show “The Sopranos” was known for shooting on location all over the state. Regarded as one of the greatest television series of all time, the iconic New-Jersey based drama about a fictitious Italian American mob boss filmed scenes at the Aria Ristorante, Versailles Diner and Globe Motors, all located in Fairfield.
4. The current New Jersey State Attorney General Gurbir Grewal was raised in Fairfield and attended West Essex High School where he graduated in 1991. Grewal is also the first Sikh-American in the United States to be a county prosecutor as he held this position in Bergen County, NJ prior to his current role.
5. Lastly, we at United Sport Apparel have called Fairfield, NJ our home for over 65 years! We continue to provide our customers with the highest quality in hand-crafted custom sports apparel for teams, businesses and professionals.
So, if you haven’t visited our showroom, please do! We’d love to have you!
We are located at 20 Gloria Lane in Fairfield, New Jersey.
Call us at (973) 575-7840, email us at email@example.com or simply visit our website at unitedsportapparel.com.